Social distancing and lock down protocols due to the coronavirus pandemic have forced a lot of our interactions to become digital, with nonprofits scrambling to keep up. In today’s digitally driven world, people have more messages coming at them than ever before, with multiple screens and devices being used at all-time high rates.
This workshop will examine how nonprofit social media marketing will need to adapt to the realities of our distracted, digital world, and how charities of all sizes can continue to attract new supporters, raise awareness for their cause, and drive donations.
Participants will learn:
- How to navigate the latest changes and trends in the social media landscape - what charities need to know;
- How to create a plan to consistently create, curate, and share compelling social media content that will resonate with your audience.
- How to fill out a Content Calendar with ideas for social media posts, emails, and other digital content.
- How to develop a consistent social media marketing strategy rather than frantically posting the week before an event or fundraising campaign.
- Actionable ways to use social media to drive engagement and get more community support;
- Free and low-cost tools you can use to enhance your digital fundraising on a shoestring budget; and
- Real-world examples from organisations of all sizes.
About the Speaker:
Julia Campbell has a long history of helping nonprofits find success using digital storytelling strategies.
A Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (Senegal 2000-2002), a mother of two energetic kids, and a lover of activism and social causes, Julia helps nonprofits build movements and connect with supporters by effectively harnessing the power and potential of online marketing and social media tools.
Julia’s clients include small community-based nonprofits and large universities. She also offers small group coaching sessions, workshops & seminars and online trainings.
The author of Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits and How to Build and Mobilize a Social Media Community for Your Nonprofit in 90 Days, Julia’s blog about online fundraising and nonprofit technology is #3 on the Top 40 Nonprofit Marketing Blogs and Websites for Nonprofit Marketers and Fundraisers and is consistently featured in the list of Top 150 Nonprofit Blogs in the world.
She resides north of Boston with her husband and two children.