How to Raise Awareness and Drive Donations Using Social Media | Julia Campbell
Examine how nonprofit social media marketing will need to adapt to the realities of our distracted, digital world, and how charities of all sizes can continue to attract new supporters, raise awareness for their cause, and drive donations. | 1.5 CFRE Pts
Social distancing and lock down protocols due to the coronavirus pandemic have forced a lot of our interactions to become digital, with nonprofits scrambling to keep up. In today’s digitally driven world, people have more messages coming at them than ever before, with multiple screens and devices being used at all-time high rates.
This workshop will examine how nonprofit social media marketing will need to adapt to the realities of our distracted, digital world, and how charities of all sizes can continue to attract new supporters, raise awareness for their cause, and drive donations.
Participants will learn:
- How to navigate the latest changes and trends in the social media landscape - what charities need to know;
- How to create a plan to consistently create, curate, and share compelling social media content that will resonate with your audience.
- How to fill out a Content Calendar with ideas for social media posts, emails, and other digital content.
- How to develop a consistent social media marketing strategy rather than frantically posting the week before an event or fundraising campaign.
- Actionable ways to use social media to drive engagement and get more community support;
- Free and low-cost tools you can use to enhance your digital fundraising on a shoestring budget; and
- Real-world examples from organisations of all sizes.
About the Speaker:
Julia Campbell has a long history of helping nonprofits find success using digital storytelling strategies.
A Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (Senegal 2000-2002), a mother of two energetic kids, and a lover of activism and social causes, Julia helps nonprofits build movements and connect with supporters by effectively harnessing the power and potential of online marketing and social media tools.
Julia’s clients include small community-based nonprofits and large universities. She also offers small group coaching sessions, workshops & seminars and online trainings.
The author of Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits and How to Build and Mobilize a Social Media Community for Your Nonprofit in 90 Days, Julia’s blog about online fundraising and nonprofit technology is #3 on the Top 40 Nonprofit Marketing Blogs and Websites for Nonprofit Marketers and Fundraisers and is consistently featured in the list of Top 150 Nonprofit Blogs in the world.
She resides north of Boston with her husband and two children.
You might also like ...
Social Media Essentials | Course
If you are passionate about your role and want to learn how to get the results with social media, if you want to build an online community for your organisation to impact infinitely more lives and achieve your goals - Then you are in the right place | Social Media Essentials brought to you by FINZ & Alecia Hancock | 5 CFRE Pts
Communication and Recognition During Social Distancing | Lynne Wester
In a new virtual environment, join us as we explore non-asking, non-event engagement ideas together. Explore concrete examples of what works during COVID-19 times. | 1.5 CFRE Pts
Email Automation: Save Time & Raise Money | Blackbaud / everydayhero
Join Celeste Harrison for a robust discussion on email automation.
How to Succeed on Social Media | Alecia Hancock
Covering the three pillars of social media, your WHERE, WHO, and WHAT. | 1 CFRE Pt