NZ's Best Kept Fundraising Secret | Jonathon Grapsas
NZ’s best kept fundraising secret….
.. well it was, but we’re going to give it away…
So what on earth are Giving Days?
A Giving Day is a fundraising call to arms; where major gifts meets digital and community fundraising, all in the space of one day.
Whilst they've been around for a few years in most developed fundraising nations, they exploded during COVID.
But they’ve only recently landed in NZ.
So download this webinar where we’ll take a look at:
- Whether a Giving Day is right for your organisation and why
- When they best fit into your fundraising calendar
- What's the superpower that's going to ensure it's a smash hit.
- What's in a name? The key to nailing your Giving Day proposition.
- How to set the day up for success, with specific reference to maximising your matched funding
Critical to the success and longevity of Giving Days are ensuring they generate significant levels of new income from both matchers and public funding on the day. We also discuss the elephant in the room; are your matchers real or just pre-secured gifts just moved around?
Listen to case studies from Australia and New Zealand, including:
- A small NZ charity who made $200k net from their first Giving Day - more than their entire years worth of appeals, and within a week of the Giving Day were hiring new staff to ensure they could support more Kiwi women living with incurable breast cancer.
- An Aussie youth homelessness charity who in just weeks, and in the midst of one of Melbourne's long lockdowns, pulled together their first Giving Day which generated over $170k. Enough to build two brand new studios for young Victorians.
- How one organisation ran out of matched gifts within 4 hours but still managed to raise $30k (25% of their income on the day) AFTER their matching ran out.
About the Speaker:
Jonathon is the founder and director at flat earth direct, an agency dedicated to direct response fundraising for good causes. Jono has spent 20 years working with charities all around the world. Initially in the UK, and more recently in Asia, North America and his native Australia.
An entertaining, engaging and sought after presenter, bringing that rare mix of inspiration and pragmatism to the sessions he delivers.
He has a vast amount of experience helping charities great and small transform their fundraising programs, with a particular focus on direct response fundraising.
This session is worth 1 CFRE Point
You might also like ...
Do you want to be valued as learner in fundraising? This course is designed to bring you up to speed, whether that is as a newbie to the sector or consolidating your fundraising knowledge. | 7 CFRE Pts
Speakers David Peterson & Adelaide Ponce de Leon ask if you're ready for Running Season | Blackbaud / everydayhero
This webinar focuses on community empowerment through example setting, story-telling, building and strengthening trust and relationships, and encouraging communities to be more open about issues that are preventing whanau in reaching their potential. | 1 CFRE Pt