A Rocha Aotearoa New Zealand
A Rocha Aotearoa New Zealand is part of the A Rocha family of Christian environmental conservation organisations currently active in over 20 countries around the world
In Aotearoa New Zealand, we seek to inspire, educate and enable communities to care for our unique environment. A Rocha Aotearoa NZ is actively engaged in practical community conservation work through our network of local group projects.
We are committed to the five commitments (5Cs) central to all A Rocha projects around the world.
- Christian – Underlying all we do is our biblical faith in the living God, who made the world, loves it and entrusts it to the care of human society.
- Conservation – We carry out research for the conservation and restoration of the natural world and run environmental education programmes for people of all ages.
- Community – Through our commitment to God, each other and the wider creation, we aim to develop good relationships both within the A Rocha family and in our local communities.
- Cross-cultural – We draw on the insights and skills of people from diverse cultures, both locally and around the world.
- Cooperation – We work in partnership with a wide variety of organizations and individuals who share our concerns for a sustainable world.