KITTY HILTON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
FINZ are pleased to announce the creation of the Kitty Hilton FINZ Scholarship in conjunction with Sean Triner and Christiana Stergiou.
When Kitty passed away last year, her family kindly donated money to FINZ in her memory. They requested that this legacy be used to support fundraisers’ education and professional development.
After a series of conversations with Sean Triner and Christiana Stergiou last year, who kindly agreed to match the money received from Kitty’s family, we are pleased to announce that the Kitty Hilton Scholarship, in conjunction with Sean Triner and Christiana Stergiou will support two NZ fundraisers to attend IFC in Holland. The generous scholarship will cover airfares, accommodation and registrations to the conference.
We hope to run this scholarship for many years to come, so we have decided to open this scholarship to donations. We do encourage you to become a regular donor to the fund, as we all know, lots of small amounts will make this scholarship sustainable and leave the legacy that is deserving of Kitty.
We choose to fund professional development in this way to reflect Kitty’s love of conferences, her passion to explore and experience the global world of fundraising and her desire for equal opportunities for all.
Our ultimate desire would be that the scholarship fund grows enough to enable us to offer the chance to a fundraiser from a developing country to join with us and experience the FINZ Conference.
The first scholarship will be given out for IFC 2020. Applications for this close Friday 31 January 2020.
Pictured, right: Christiana Stergiou & Kitty Hilton, out in the sun.
The money you contribute towards the Kitty Hilton Scholarship will directly support two Kiwi fundraisers to attend IFC in Holland. You will be helping to cover airfares, accommodation and registrations to the conference.
There are two ways to contribute to the Kitty Hilton Memorial Scholarship:
- One-off Pledge
- Regular Gift
Find out more about these ways to donate by clicking the yellow button above.
Thank You to our Generous Donors (2019):
- The family of Kitty Hilton
- Sean Triner & Christiana Stergiou
- Sebastian Grodd, Life Flight Trust
This scholarship is only available to FINZ Members.
- Tier 1 organisations will receive 50% towards all cost
- Tier 2 organisations will receive 50% towards all costs
- Tier 3 organisations will receive a fully funded scholarship
- Tier 4 organisations will receive a fully funded scholarship
- FINZ individual members will receive a fully funded scholarship
Criteria for award
- You can only apply for a scholarship if you have never been to IFC
- We will cover all areas of fundraising
- We will try to maintain a gender balance each year
- You must be willing to report back on the impact he scholarship and experience to IFC has had on your career as a fundraiser.
Applications Close: Friday 31 January 2020