Best Donor Experience
Are you an organisation that puts your donor experience at the heart of your fundraising?
This award recognises a charity or not-for-profit that is donor-centric, one who acknowledges the commitment and support of their donors to the highest level.
Supported by MonDial
Best Individual Giving Campaign
Did you run an individual giving campaign in 2018 that you are particularly proud of; one that achieved or even surpassed your organisation’s objectives?
This award recognises the skill and expertise that goes into an individual giving campaign, such as face to face fundraising, digital, DRTV, direct mail or telemarketing, and could cover an acquisition, renewal, reactivation, or upgrade campaign.
Supported by New Zealand Post
Best High Value Campaign
Did you design and implement, or grow a planned giving campaign in 2018 that truly connected with your major donors and increased the number of significant gifts to your organisation?
The award category recognises exceptional high value campaigns (including bequest, capital, high value donors).
Supported by Moceanic
Best Partner Relationship
Do you have a fantastic relationship with a partner (corporate, grants organisation or trust), that was highly successful for both of your organisations and helped you achieve your partnership and organisation goals?
This award category is your chance to recognise this significant partnership.
Best use of Event or Community Fundraising Initiative
Did you implement a fun filled community event or initiative which engaged with your key audiences, increasing income and awareness?
This award is recognises the use of an event or community fundraising initiative (including Peer 2 Peer and digital) by an organisation to achieve a fundraising goal.
Supported by Blackbaud
Excellence in Innovation / Most Innovative Fundraising Campaign
Was 2018 the year your organisation took the plunge and tried something new or innovative?
This award category recognises the year’s most memorable and innovative fundraising campaign, so share yours today for the chance to be acknowledged for your creativity.
Best use of Digital
Is your organisation a digital champion, able to connect with a myriad of audiences across different platforms?
This category allows you to showcase your organisations creative and inspiring digital work.
Supported by Vega
Fundraising Newcomer of 2019
This award recognises the contribution made by a fundraiser who is new (less than 2 years) to the sector, either a newbie in a junior role or someone with transferrable skills in a more senior role. The person needs to have made an outstanding contribution to fundraising, shown consistent excellence and best practice through their actions, leadership and intellect.
CFRE International is offering the winner a scholarship for the initial certification application fee for the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential.
Supported by Execucare NZ
Fundraising Manager / Leader of 2019
Do you have a supportive, inspiring and passionate manager/team leader who deserves recognition for their leadership qualities?
FINZ is thrilled to introduce this new award category to give recognition to a superb fundraising leader.
Fundraising Excellence Award
This supreme award recognises and rewards a not-for-profit’s fundraising excellence.
Supported by Soar Print
Apply for a 2019 FINZ Award:
- All applicants must be a member of FINZ
- "Campaign" is used as a generic term. Depending on the category it may interchangeably mean campaign, appeal, event, or programme
- The campaign must have taken place in the last 18 months
- Entries can be submitted in more than one category
- No alterations to entries will be allowed after the closing date
- Entries will not be accepted unless they are complete
- FINZ reserves the right to use all material entered for promotion of the awards. FINZ may use aggregate data for purposes of research on fundraising benchmarks
- Under no circumstances shall FINZ be held responsible for the payment of of any royalties or other charges for the use of materials provided in support of the award. All entries become the property of FINZ on submission
- Judges reserve the right to withhold awards at their discretion if entries received are not meritorious
- The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- FINZ accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss of commercial privilege or any other thing which constitutes loss or damage as a result of an entry in FINZ awards for Excellence