New Zealand Fundraising Manager - Australia for UNHCR - Nationwide
- 10 November 2022
New Zealand Fundraising Manager - Australia for UNHCR - Nationwide/Australia
- Sydney, AU or NZ considered
- Exciting opportunity to grow our New Zealand footprint in support of refugees globally
- Full-time newly created role providing the opportunity to maximise the success of our fundraising activities in New Zealand
- One of the world’s leading humanitarian aid agencies
- AU$100-$110k plus salary packaging
Outline & Purpose of Role:
Australia for UNHCR (A4U) is the UN Refugee Agency’s national partner in Australia, raising awareness and funds to support UNHCR’s global emergency response to humanitarian crises. Aotearoa New Zealand for UNHCR has been established by A4U to raise awareness of UNHCR’s work in New Zealand and improve the lives of refugees supported by UNHCR.
Established in 2000, A4U has raised over $400m from individual donors, philanthropists and corporates, leading to direct impact on the ground delivering emergency support such as shelter, protection, clean water, food and medicines.
We are looking for a pro-active, resourceful and experienced Fundraising Manager, with a passion for the work we do, to project manage and coordinate our fundraising activities for Aotearoa New Zealand for UNHCR. The role is responsible for the direct marketing components of fundraising activities, and oversees and coordinates other areas across the fundraising team for New Zealand, including digital, appeals, face-to-face and community fundraising. The successful person will act as the internal point of contact and coordination for all New Zealand fundraising matters and be responsible for identifying new opportunities for growth.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, the New Zealand Fundraising Manager is responsible for:
- Providing inputs into the NZ fundraising strategy, including identifying opportunities arising in the NZ market to accelerate growth
- Coordinating and managing the NZ fundraising operational and strategic plans to achieve growth in fundraising
- Supporting and project managing the Face-to-Face, Digital, Appeals and Community Fundraising teams to establish and grow the fundraising portfolio in NZ
- Ensuring the NZ fundraising program is set up to respond to sudden onset emergencies
- Managing NZ suppliers and developing strong partnerships
- Managing annual budget and reforecasts for NZ fundraising
- Producing reporting and presentations on NZ fundraising performance
- Managing and coordinating donor acquisition direct marketing campaigns
- Ensuring all work undertaken relating to NZ fundraising activities meets legislative and regulatory requirements, specific to New Zealand fundraising legislation and NZ Privacy Principles, and other legislation as appropriate
The successful application will possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the New Zealand fundraising market
- Demonstrated experience in setting up channels and/or products in new markets and driving growth
- Management experience in fundraising across multiple channels
- Strong track record in direct marketing campaigns
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing
- Prior responsibility for the successful delivery of a diverse range of fundraising projects
- Experience in using a database, ideally Raiser’s Edge or a similar platform
Australia for UNHCR embraces diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity. We recognise the value of a diverse workforce and the creation of inclusive workforce cultures. We welcome applications from people with diverse experiences and cultural backgrounds, including migrants and former refugees.
At A4U we are committed to ensuring a safe environment and culture for those with whom we come in contact during the course of our work, and activities, including children and vulnerable adults. Therefore, if successful, you will be required to comply with the A4U Safeguarding People policy and sign the A4U Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
If you are eager to use your experience to help the plight of the world’s refugees, please send your resume together with a one-page cover letter outlining your skills and motivations, to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject line: New Zealand Fundraising Manager).
Please apply ASAP as applications will be reviewed as they are received.