Grants Lead - St John - Christchurch
Grants Lead - St John - Christchurch
- Laptop + Discounted Goods & Services
- Close to CBD + Public Transport Access
- Salary is between $80K - $92K
Hato Hone St John - Voted New Zealand's Most Trusted Charity for the 9th time in the 2022 Reader's Digest Most Trusted Brands survey.
Hato Hone St John - Rainbow Tick Certified - Committed to continuous quality programme improvement designed to ensure St John is safe and welcoming for all employees.
About St John
St John is a large organisation with a wide reach throughout New Zealand. We are a people centric organisation with approximately 9,000 volunteers working alongside 3,800 paid employees to care for our communities. We live by our values and our mission is We step forward, when help is needed. For better. For Life. Ka Tū Ake, Hei Kaiāwhina, Mō Te Pai, Mō Te Oranga. Our future success depends on us being a united and purposeful organisation, supporting each other and all headed in the same direction.
About the role
The Fundraising team has an amazing opportunity for a Grants Lead to lead the Trust and Foundation fundraising function for St John in the South Island Region, through active leadership of a small team, implementing annual activity plans consistent with strategy. This is a key delivery role and will share the responsibility of developing our Grants portfolio whiles achieving national consistency and increasing funding.
- Develop a strong working relationship with regional and national grant-giving organisations as well as trusts and foundations and act as the key point of contact for St John to ensure effective and efficient communication.
- Leadership of a small team, implementing annual plans, including a monthly application calendar, accountability reporting, grant status monitoring and reporting, and ongoing research to identify new funding opportunities
- Accountable for strategic grants management and the completion of the grant applications, including ensuring the grants tracker is updated and completing monthly reports
- Liaise with internal stakeholders which include but not limited to the wider Fundraising team, Finance, Ambulance Services, Property, Events Health Services, Community Programmes to identify capital, operations and other funding requirements to match to the funder's criteria
- Develop and implement an annual Funder Relationship plan to retain the support of funders year on year, and to introduce sustainable new funding streams to St John
- Develop information tools for and work closely with the Area Committees and Community Engagement team in completing grant applications
- Liaise with Finance team for audit requirements of grants
- Identify new opportunities to expand the number and nature of appropriate funding streams including local Area Boards, private family trusts, regional community trusts, and others whose goals and objectives align with St John
- Work closely with other fundraising teams to optimise fundraising opportunities towards the best outcomes for St John
- Assists with other Fundraising tasks as may be requested from time to time, always seeking to serve donors and funders and St John goals and objectives
- Contribute proactively as a member of the team through putting forward recommendations to enhance service
- Previous experience in Grants Fundraising and general fundraising with the ability and experience to manage and lead the Grants portfolio and a small team, within the wider fundraising programme
- Preferably has existing relationships with a number of grant funders
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles and donor stewardship and experience in managing concurrent funders
- Experience managing the development of collateral materials to support the strategy
- Experience compiling and constructing proposals and reports
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including business presentation skills
- High level of customer focus and a professional attitude as well as the commitment/ability to maintain the absolute confidentiality of information
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as unsupervised, high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and a willingness to do what is needed while working in a high-paced and changing environment
- Demonstrable personal commitment to and promotion of St John Core Values
In addition to a competitive salary, we have some great benefits on offer - including ambulance cover for you and your family and much more. St John offers the opportunity to work for a large and complex organisation within a supportive and collaborative team
Click "APPLY NOW" before applications close on 30th September 2022
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles as well as commitment to delivering equitable outcomes in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Haramai ngā tai o te animalia, he kāhui rangatira tēnei, he kāhui whakamana tāngata whaimahi, e te iti, e te rahi e.