Donor & Bequest Relations Officer - Multiple Sclerosis - Auckland
DONOR AND BEQUEST RELATIONS OFFICER | Multiple Sclerosis Auckland
- POSITION TITLE: Donor and Bequests Relations Officer
- REPORTING TO: General Manager HOURS: 16 hours per week (either 2 or 3 days)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: 12 month fixed-term contract Possibility of renewal or permanent position
- BASED: Office in Takapuna with some flexibility for remote work
- REMUNERATION: $30,000
We are looking for an organised and driven person with great relationship management skills This part time role is an opportunity to make a difference to Aucklanders living with Multiple Sclerosis.
Multiple Sclerosis Auckland is dedicated to its mission of People living well with Multiple Sclerosis. It provides information, advocacy and services for Aucklanders living with Multiple Sclerosis. A registered Charity and Incorporated Society, it celebrated 50 years of serving the Auckland community in 2015. Much of MS Auckland’s work is undertaken by volunteers.
Only 8% of Multiple Sclerosis Auckland’s work is funded by the Ministry of Health and therefore it relies heavily on community support by way of donations to continue its activities.
The Donor and Bequests Relations Officer will grow and maintain a community of bequestors and regular givers to the Society. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone to use their relationship building, communication and social media skills to make a difference in the lives of people living with MS. This is a new position with scope for the incumbent to have input into the development of a community engagement strategy.
The key objectives of this role are:
- To grow the number of donors and known bequestors
- Strengthen relationships with existing donors and known bequestors, and grow the number of donors and bequestors
- Build community, and increase engagement and communication with that community
- Work with the wider team to develop profile and exposure in order to enable a larger audience to choose to support the work of MS Auckland
- To highlight benefits of supporting, and the ways in which people can gift to MS Auckland with bequests and donations
This is a one-year fixed contract with possibility for renewal or move to permanent. 16 hours per week (2 or 3 days) based out of our office in Takapuna with some flexibility for remote work.
For more information and a position description, go to https://www.msakl.org.nz/position-vacancy/