Tearfund is one of New Zealand’s leading NGO’s. This year we’ll raise over $15m to fund work with 29 partners in 24 countries across the developing world. Tearfund is a highly respected charity that inspires people to give, learn and advocate against injustice.
Tearfund has a challenging and diverse body of work, including child sponsorship, anti-trafficking and exploitation, disaster risk reduction, relief and recovery, and community development via enterprise, water, health and education. We have over 40 specialist staff who work out of our Mt Roskill, Auckland office to support the growth and effectiveness of these programmes.
Our mission statement is: “Motivated by Jesus, we encourage Kiwis to act for justice to relieve poverty among the world’s most vulnerable people”.
As our Communications Specialist you’ll be responsible for positioning Tearfund as a credible and expert voice on issues of justice, poverty and development. You will;
- Deliver excellent external communications, educational content and PR to Tearfund’s various audiences - NZ public, supporters, ambassadors and other stakeholders.
- Write clear, engaging and persuasive copy across all styles & genres including media & PR releases, social media posts, Annual Reports, website content, promotional material, strategic reports etc.
- Craft clear and compelling copy that communicates the importance of Tearfund’s work and inspires people to support our mission.
- Support Tearfund’s iconic events and campaigns by undertaking communications activities
Assist the disaster implementation team, writing copy and providing media coverage where required
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years’ internal communications or journalism experience, ideally with some exposure to PR
- Excellent writing skills across various channels
- Research skills and/or strong analysis skills
- Demonstrated relationship development skills
- Knowledge of the NGO sector and a passion for Tearfund’s mission and causes would be highly advantageous
Location & Benefits
Tearfund is a great place to work, in our collaborative and creative workplace just 20-minute from the CBD with free parking. Close to some great café’s and amenities with easy access to the motorway, this is an office-based role working 38.75 hours per week Monday – Friday.
You may even like to join our office cycling team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a communications professional to join an organisation supporting life changing programmes.
To discuss this opportunity confidentially please contact Olga on 021 541 654 or to apply send a cover letter confirming why you’re interested in the role, along with your CV to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!