Business and Event Fundraising Manager - Harbour Hospice - Auckland
- Exciting opportunity to manage fundraising events and make a real difference
- Bring your strong relationship skills and foster business partnerships
- Work flexibly 4 days a week
- $80 - $90k pro rata. Open to negotiation depending on candidate.
About the mahi
We have an exciting opportunity for a successful Business and Event Fundraising Manager to join our Harbour Hospice fundraising team. This new role has two main facets. One part is to plan and deliver a range of events on the North Shore, and the other to work with local and regional businesses, supporting them with their philanthropic plans. Your success at balancing both these priorities will result in increased funds for patient and whanau care, and high levels of business engagement with Hospice.
Your proven experience in managing successful large scale fundraising events means you bring strong relationship and event management skills. You have a track record of connecting with a diverse range of stakeholders and successfully establishing and maintaining key supporter relationships. Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a fundraiser, project or event manager preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills
- High level of communication skills including confidence to present and negotiate
- Flexibility to manage, coordinate or attend events outside of normal office hours as required
- A valid, clean full driver’s license
Harbour Hospice is one of the largest hospices in New Zealand, caring for patients and their whānau for almost 40 years. Every day we care for more than 350 people across the North Shore, Hibiscus Coast and Warkworth/Wellsford regions, supporting them at home (or in one of our three sites) to live every moment in whatever way is most important to them. Our bespoke services, given free of charge, include medical care, spiritual support, physiotherapy, social activities and more.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll join a supportive and fun team and will gain real satisfaction knowing that your work contributes directly to the funding of an incredible clinical service. We provide an outcomes focussed and flexible work culture plus in-depth induction and ongoing development opportunities, including support for you to Compassionate Inclusive Professional Aroha Mo te katoa Tautikanga achieve CFRE. This role will allow you to deliver established events and to grow our portfolio with creating new events and partnerships.
How to apply
For more information or to obtain a position description call Peggy Newton, Recruitment Specialist, on 021 241 5567 or click below to submit your application online. Be sure to include a cover letter about you and why you’d like to join the team.
To be considered for this role you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Evidence of your vaccination status will need to be provided prior to employment.