Big Heart Appeal Area Coordinator Volunteer Role- Heart Foundation - Nationwide
Big Heart Appeal Area Coordinator Volunteer Role - Heart Foundation - Nationwide
Heart disease is New Zealand’s single biggest killer and claims the life of one person every 90 minutes. Many of these deaths are premature and preventable. Donations raised through the Big Heart Appeal will fund cutting-edge research into heart disease and specialist training for New Zealand cardiologists.
The Heart Foundation are looking for big-hearted volunteer Area Coordinators to play a key role in the organisation of our biggest fundraiser of the year – the Big Heart Appeal!
About the Role:
Volunteer Area Coordinators coordinate the street collection in their local areas for the Big Heart Appeal on Friday 24 and Saturday 25 February 2023. They are an essential link between the Heart Foundation and a team of volunteers who generously give up their time to collect donations at various sites in their local area. Our Big Heart Appeal team will assist you along the way and will provide everything you will need for a successful collection, including a detailed brief beforehand, volunteer rosters, street collection equipment and site permits.
- Liaise with and provide support for volunteer street collectors in your area during the street collection
- Receive and distribute street collector equipment (buckets, bibs, stickers) to the volunteers and coordinate equipment return to the Heart Foundation after the street collection days
- Visiting the sites in your area to ensure everything is running smoothly during the two days of the street collection
- Arrange banking of the donated funds to your closest ASB bank
- Being the first point of contact for volunteer street collectors and trouble-shooting any issues that may arise on the two appeal days
- Arrange the return of street collector equipment (buckets, bibs, stickers) to the Heart Foundation
Skills and Requirements:
- Passionate and aligned with the Heart Foundation’s mission and the heart health cause
- A reliable and organised self-starter • Excellent communication skills
- Confident when coordinating a team of volunteers
- Basic email skills
- Current driver’s licence (access to a vehicle would be preferable).
- You will need to have regular access to email, the internet and a working mobile phone
- Please note that expenses for pre-approved local travel can be compensate
Our Work at a Glance:
Every day, we connect with communities across the country providing much needed support, care and advice to people and their families affected by heart disease. Each year, we fund around $1.5 million of leading-edge research and specialist cardiologist training and it is all thanks to you. Our education and prevention programmes tackle heart disease head-on in the community, wherever it is needed most. The work that we do with young children creates a foundation for keeping hearts healthy into the future. Our dedication and commitment to tackling heart disease drives everything we do.
To Apply Contact: