The Fundraising Institute of New Zealand (FINZ) is the professional membership body that represents fundraising in New Zealand.
For the benefit of all New Zealanders, FINZ is committed to fundraising excellence. We want to ensure that worthy causes are well supported and that the generosity of New Zealanders is recognised and encouraged.
We do this by:
- Ensuring ethical fundraising
FINZ members abide by ethical fundraising practices. We have comprehensive standards of practice to enhance the intergity and professionalism of your fundraising activities. Members of FINZ can proudly communicate to their donors that they are a part of New Zealand's premier professional and ethical fundraising body.
- Professional Development
Ongoing education will help you become a master of your craft, polish your fundraising skills and increase your charities income. FINZ offers members access to a wide range of knowledge enhancing workshops, seminars, conferences and online courses - often at significantly discounted rates. FINZ also has a wealth of research material and industry information that members can access.
- Networking Opportunities
Deepen existing relationships and forge new ones with other fundraising professionals from around the country and overseas. Share best practice ideas and learn from each other's experiences. FINZ is an excellent vehicle through which fundraisers can build great working relationships.
Take advantage of up to 8 formal coaching or mentoring sessions arranged through FINZ. Learn from experienced fundraisers, let them share their insights, solutions, and support and guide you through any challenges you might be facing.
- Discounted Services
Membership of FINZ offers a wide variety of discounts from training partners, printing specialists, fundraising tools and much more.
- Be your voice
As one of the lead voices for effective fundraising and philanthropy in New Zealand, FINZ will advocate on behalf of our members to ensure the value of fundraising continues to be recognised and that public policy provides an excellent environment in which to work.
As a FINZ Individual or Organisational Member you will receive:
- Discounted admission to our very popular annual national conference.
- Discounted admission to FINZ education events, courses, and learning lunches held throughout the year.
- 20% discount on CFRE initial certification and re-certification fees.
- Full access to our members-only resources including charity dashboard and execucare salary survey results, educational webinars, and publications.
- Access to our mentoring programme.
- Regular receipt of the FINZ magazine and e-newsletters.
- Discounted rate if you are an Organisational Member to list your job vacancy with FINZ
- Access to significant volume of partner discounts across a range of services such as printing, research, software, training, and professional consultants.
As a FINZ Corporate Partner you will receive:
- All the benefits of an individual or organisational member plus:
- Free listing in our Services Directory and in our website and appeal calendar
- Additional discounted rates to list your job vacancy with FINZ
- Opportunity to promote your products and services to FINZ membership
FINZ organisational membership matches a Tier structure based on all gross revenue not just fundraising revenue.
|Membership Type||Prices shown are in NZD and are GST exclusive|
|Organisation Tier 4 - Income under $125k||$300|
|Organisation Tier 3 - Income under $2 million||$600|
|Organisation Tier 2 - Income under $30 million||$900|
|Organisation Tier 1 - Income over $30 million||$1,200|
|Federated - for umbrella organisations||please apply|
|Corporate Band D - Total revenue under $1.5 million||$300|
|Corporate Band C - Total revenue between $1.5 to $3 million||$600|
|Corporate Band B - Total revenue between $3 to $6 million||$900|
|Corporate Band A - Total revenue between $6 to $12 million||$1,200|
Application for membership is approved by the FINZ Board. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications take up to 10 working days to process.