Follow us on
Find the Stellar Candidates - Advertise Your Job with FINZ!
Contact Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Rates are $190 + GST for members and $290 + GST for non-members for a website listing plus email to the FINZ membership.
Trusts & Grants Fundraiser
Trusts & Grants Fundraiser
Here at Barnardos New Zealand, the one reason for our being is children - Kotahi anake te kaupapa ara, ko ngā tamariki - and every year our services and people make a real and positive difference in the lives of thousands of children, young people and their families.
Our Marketing, Communications & Fundraising team require a Fundraiser to manage trusts and grants, which are a core revenue stream for Barnardos, to deliver some of these vital services in the community.
You will have excellent verbal and written communication and thrive on networking (both internally and externally) to manage funder relationships, funding applications and prepare accountability reports.
A minimum of three years work experience in fundraising or a related field is required. Initiative, passion for new funding opportunities and a demonstrated ability to meet funding targets will see you succeed in this established role.
With other Barnardos Fundraisers based in our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch offices, we are flexible about the location of this position.
Diocesan School for Girls.
Diocesan School for Girls is a high performing independent Anglican School with an outstanding reputation for excellence in all aspects of achievement. With state of the art educational facilities, the school provides a unique environment where girls can achieve excellence in a wide range of academic, cultural, sporting and artistic activities.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced person to devise and implement strategic philanthropy plans to financially support the school’s vision and growth. The successful applicant will ideally have a broad knowledge of and connections to the funding community and a proven track record of raising funds from campaigns/events and from diverse sources, including gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations. Founded in 1903, Diocesan has an active and participative community and alumnae. The position requires exceptional networking skills and the ability to foster and maintain close relationships and strategic alliances with the school community, other community groups, donors and beyond.
Flexible working hours are involved, including weekend work.
Please email applications, including a detailed CV and covering letter, to Human Resources at Diocesan School for Girls:
We invite you to view our website for
further details about our School.
* Work for one of the world's most progressive zoos
* Develop meaningful partnerships
* Work with a high performing team
Use your sponsorship and fundraising expertise and thrive in this amazing environment.
Auckland Zoo is recognised as one of the most progressive zoos in the world. A winner of national and international environmental related awards, it is home to 138 different species and more than 875 animals.
As a member of the Communications and Marketing team and working with the wider Zoo, the Fundraising and Sponsorship Co-ordinator will contribute to the achievement of the Zoo's vision through working with sponsors and funders to support Zoo developments and initiatives, share expertise and galvanise action for wildlife.
The successful applicant will be a strong advocate for Auckland Zoo's place in the forefront of efforts to save species from extinction by building and maintaining a family of corporate, community, funding agencies and individuals who share our vision and see commercial, ethical and societal sense in forming meaningful partnerships with us. Key responsibilities include identifying and securing new sponsorship opportunities, developing and maintaining positive relationships with corporate and community partners, and helping to develop and implement fundraising activities.
To be a success in this position, you will have demonstrable relationship building and negotiation abilities, extensive community and corporate networks to draw on, an eye for an innovation and opportunity, and an appreciation for the value of modern zoos in connecting people with the environment to build a future for wildlife.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
* Tertiary qualification in marketing, communications or sales preferred
* Solid experience working in a similar role
* Brand management expertise
* Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills with an ability to negotiate and network at high levels
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
* Excellent planning, objective setting, budgeting, reporting and documentation skills
* Strong attention to detail
Want to work for this great organisation? Apply online now!
To apply for this job, please go to our job site, careers.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz and enter the job code 46878FR.
Applications close on Thursday, 23 May 2013 at 10:30 p.m.
Great opportunity to work for a not for profit organisation that assists our Kiwi Kids!
Our client is based on the North Shore and is looking to appoint an experienced Database Manager to provide analysis of fundraising activities. This role is responsible for streamlining and maintaining our client's donor database, and extracting and utilizing the data it contains.
Ideally you will have worked for a Not for Profit organisation in the past and have previous experience using the Raisers Edge database. If not then you will have worked with other donor databases and have the ability to pick the system up quickly. This role will also be responsible for generating monthly fundraising progress reports, writing letters of acknowledgement and thanks to corporate and private donors and volunteers.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Improving the Raiser's Edge database system and general support in data entry, donor/CRM relations, and operational support.
- Gift processing and acknowledgements, including reconciling donations monthly.
- Database Management - adherence to Raiser's Edge data policies and procedures.
- Manage and conduct on-going data clean-up.
- Create lists for mailings and email campaigns.
- Raiser's Edge database support for the other departments.
- Create reports based on the needs of end users.
You would also be responsible for producing weekly gift reports for the CEO and presenting reports for the weekly team meetings. This role would take total responsibility for the integrity of the database ensuring that it has up to date and correct information at all times.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience required.
- Three (3) or more years' experience in database management for a not-for-profit or commercial organization.
- Experience with general data management and analytics platforms.
- Sufficient experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and data analysis skills.
- High interpersonal, negotiation, and team-building skills.
- Flexibility to work additional hours if required specifically throughout the busy periods.
In return the organisation offers a positive team environment with opportunities for future growth and development.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest please forward your CV to Angeline Long -
Summary of position: Lead fundraising activities to achieve the objective of enhancing St Michael's Church through providing gathering space.
Description: St Michael's Heritage Foundation is looking to appoint a Fundraising and Communications Coordinator to develop and manage short and long term fundraising initiatives and plans.
St Michael's Catholic Church is based in Beatrice Road, Remuera . It was built during the Depression years and the NZ Institute of Architects awarded a gold medal for its design in its year of dedication in 1933.
The vision is to enhance the Church for the parish community. We seek a very special person to help achieve this goal.
1. You will lead fundraising activities to enable the creation of "The Gathering Space" so St Michael's church is hospitable and more suitable for celebration and contemporary worship.
2. This strategic, yet very hands on role will be responsible for generating income through community and corporate support by way of major gifts, grants and sponsorships, and event planning along with raising the profile of the Heritage Foundation.
3. As the successful applicant you will have developed and implemented fundraising strategy across all disciplines and your track record in securing major gifts and grants from philanthropists, Trust and Foundations will be looked upon favourably.
4. You will be passionate and self driven with connections in the philanthropic field and a drive to build relationships.
How to Apply
To discuss this role further contact Gay Barton email@example.com or on 09 573 0595.
Industry: Community and Sport
Start Date: ASAP
Client Contact: Gay Barton
Client Company: Drake New Zealand
Contact Phone: 09 573 0595