Follow us on
FINZ and our sponsors thank all the wonderful speakers and attendees who joined us for the FINZ 2012 Conference. Stay tuned for more information about the FINZ 2013 Conference in Wellington.
You may view some of the slides from presentations here. Note that you will be prompted for your username and password as these are available only to those who paid for the conference.
If you are a FINZ member, use your FINZ username and password. If you are a non member, use the username and password you created when you set up your account to register for the conference.
If you do not know your username or password information, email us.
Not all presentations are live now, but all that speakers have agreed to provide should be up by the end of May. We thank you in advance for your patience.
View Full Programme Schedule (PDF)
View Full List of Speakers and Their Bios (PDF)
(Click on a speaker's name to learn more about them.)
Watch out, The Next Five Fundraising Years are Going to be Different…and Enormous Fun! by Stephen Pidgeon, Tangible (UK), world-renowned fundraising advisor and columnist
Accountability can Make or Break your Organisation by James Greenfield, ACFRE, FAHP, J.M. Greenfield & Associates (USA), noted author of many fundraising books including People to People Fundraising: Social Networking and Web 2.0 for Charities and Internet Management for Nonprofits: Strategies, Tools & Trade Secrets
The Power of Thinking BIG by Sandy Rees, CFRE, Sandy Rees Fundraising Coaching (USA)
Essentials of Fundraising
- What's Your Word of Mouth Strategy? by Dave Bassett, Brand New (NZ)
- 300 of the Best Fundraising Ideas Ever by Christiana Stergiou, MFIA, Scribbly Bark (Australia)
-Telemarketing Secrets: How to Make the Most out of Your Telemarketing Strategy by Juanita Helg & Keith Dignan, Telelink (NZ)
- Developing Your Strategic Fundraising Plan From Scratch by Christiana Stergiou, MFIA, Scribbly Bark (Australia)
- Social Media & Peer-to-peer Fundraising by Fraser Carson, FRESCO Communications (NZ)
Sustained Giving & Donor Retention
- The Annual Fund Campaign by James Greenfield, ACFRE, FAHP, J.M. Greenfield & Associates (USA)
- Gamification to Retain Donors: Making Giving Addictive to Retain Face-to-Face and Online-Acquired Donors by Sean Triner, Pareto Fundraising (Australia)
- Looking After Your Supporters: Great Stewardship in Action by Stephen Pidgeon, Tangible (UK)
- Donors and Your Board - How to Engage Your Board in Donor Relations, Mark Quigley, MFIA, Social Venture Consultants (Australia)
Grants, Major Gifts & Events
- The Keys to a Successful Trust and Grants Programme by Stephanie Maitland, CFRE, Dip PR, MFINZ, Maitland & Associates (NZ)
- Taking Your Bequest Fundraising Online by Christiana Stergiou, MFIA, Scribbly Bark (Australia)
- Major Donors – A Structured Approach to Establishing Major Donor Outcomes for Your Charity by Clive Pedley, MFINZ, CFRE, Xponential Philanthropy (NZ)
- Challenge Events: Addressing Today's Market by Caty Batten, Discover Adventure (UK/NZ)
- Arts & Cultural Organisations & Fundraising Event Coordinators: Fundraising Events vs Fundraising for Events by Dawn Sanders, QSM, Shakespeare Globe Centre NZ (NZ)
- Are You Being Paid Enough? by Louise Parkin, Execucare (NZ)
- Budgeting: Tools for Getting Sorted by Anne Wright, Mental Health Foundation of NZ (NZ)
- Principles of an Effective Charity by Dr Rom Rudzki, NZAFA, Founder and Director of the New Zealand School of Export (NZ)
- Fundraising for Faith-Based Groups by Wayne McKenzie, CFRE, FFINZ, Global Philanthropic (NZ)
- In Search of a New Database? – Ten Key Questions To Ask by Shelley Owen, Account Manager for eTapestry, Blackbaud Pacific (NZ)
- Face-to-Face Fundraising by Scott Palmer, World Vision (NZ)
- M & Ms for Nonprofit Leaders by Sandy Rees, CFRE, Sandy Rees Fundraising Coaching (USA)
- Capital Campaigns – Prospecting for Your Lead Gifts by Tom Brady, MFINZ, CFRE, Compton Fundraising Consultants (NZ)
- The Attributes of High-Achieving Fundraisers by Wayne McKenzie, CFRE, FFINZ, Global Philanthropic (NZ)
- The Challenge of Corporate Relationships in a Post-earthquake World by Heather Newell, MFINZ, CFRE, Foresee Communications (NZ)
- Yes, Minister - Sir Humphrey's Guide to Engaging Government by Mark Quigley, MFIA, Social Venture Consultants (Australia)